Thursday, October 27, 2011
Whack-A-Mole
Sweetheart!!
It took about a week and half of evenings filled with non-stop, blood-curdling screaming, but we did it. I got me a happy little girl who is largely fun to be around.
And you know, I am really thankful for all of it. We really bonded through the experience. I was forced to put down every electronic device I own and concentrate on nothing but her. I had to be on my game at all times, read her every emotion and figure out the best time and manner in which to intervene. It was fairly miserable, but now she has learned how to say "please," and she knows that this is how she gets what she wants and that screaming is ineffective.
Of course, Macy isn't a child who is ever going to allow me to have it easy, so she's exchanged her evening screaming for bedtime screaming. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole. You kill one issue but then another one just immediately pops up somewhere else that we have to pursue. It's all good...I'll take this over what we went through a couple weeks ago. At least there is a little more distance between her and my ear drums.
Not much to say tonight - just wanted to make sure you ended your Thursday evening on the right note with a blog post by me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment