"In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky.
In my heart there'll always be a place for you
For all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me,
And everywhere I am, there you'll be..."
Probably a song I would have previoiusly skipped if Pandora played it for me, but these sweet lyrics have been running through my heart and mind the last few days.
What appropriate words. They were sung by a relative during a video tribute at the funeral for this little angel who was taken from this earth and from his family entirely too soon:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlanta/obituary.aspx?n=peyton-mccormick&pid=151505385&fhid=4911
Over the past 8 months, his family (with whom I became familiar via mutual friends) has invited me and so many others across the country into their lives to follow his fight against a terminal brain tumor through their blog at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/peytonmccormick/journal/1.
This family and this little boy touched my life as I followed their story each day. I prayed so very hard for a miracle. Maybe our definition of "miracle" is off base. Last Friday he lost his fight, and he is now soaring above the sky. It was such an honor to be welcomed by his family to pay tribute to a life cut too short.
If you happen to read his obit or any part of the blog and you feel compelled to help his family and others fighting this disease in some way, they are doing a walk for the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation towards the end of the month. I signed up as a "virtual" walker without a goal beyond the amount of my donation, but feel free to go to http://support.sbtf.org/goto/Garlands if you feel like donating to Peyton's Space Rangers in support of the fight to find a cure for brain cancer. To Infinity and Beyond, little guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment