-Things are going well. We've had our good days, our better-than-good days, and our not-quite-as-good days. Can I just tell you about yesterday? I took out the trash, and Macy followed (of course she did - I can't go anywhere without her trailing behind). At the same time that she busts and skins her knee up pretty bad, I realize that there is chocolate pudding leaking from the bag all over my thigh. I'm trying to clean pudding off my leg and clean up Macy's scrape at the same time, and deal with a liquified-then-congealed puddle of chocolate pudding in the garage, which, by the way, is all the nastier when it's mixed up with dried-up bermuda grass. Macy has an abysmal tolerance for pain, apparently, because she wouldn't let me do anything but hold her. I scoop the kids up and put them in the car to get them over to the school for Liam's sports class, and the garage door would not close. It's an ongoing problem, but we have never been to the point where it's fully closed, and as I am backing up it completely rebounds. I might have thrown the garage door opener. But I might not have. Somewhere in all this, I broke my big toenail halfway down and halfway across, and there was blood seeping out the sides (why wouldn't I start preparing myself mentally for loss of limbs when surely it would be the gateway for a flesh-eating infection?). I fully acknowledge this is all completely trivial in light of others' struggles.
-As I was cutting up
-I get so annoyed sometimes because I have to click links on my iPhone's Facebook app twice before it'll do what I'm telling it to do. I realized that it is probably a good thing because it's so easy to touch something accidentally. Today I accidentally "liked" a status. Luckily it wasn't someone I haven't talked to in years informing the Facebook world that she's reporting to prison or something. Seriously, though - I don't put it past people to "like" something like that. Sometimes I want to scream "THAT IS NOT A 'LIKE'ABLE STATUS!!" at the one or two out-of-place "likes." Others, I can see where half the status is "like"able, so I get why it was "liked," sort of, but what about the completely, 100% "unlike"able half (like the "my wife died, but God is so good" deals)? I feel like the button should change from "like" to "acknowledge." I digress. In this situation, it was probably like "hmm, Abby 'liked' that status. Curious. That's nice, though
-I worked at the Y between college and starting my career. This was also when I got married. There was only one song I explicitly banned from my wedding, and that was "YMCA." It struck me just a couple months ago, ironically, that scrambled, it spells "MACY." I guess it makes sense because if she was alive back then, she'd have been banned from my wedding, too.
-I would love to be an advice columnist. I have no earthly idea whether or not I would be good at it because I have never tried. I feel slighted that my name is Abby, and "Dear Abby" is taken by someone not even named Abby. And of course, how many times in my life has someone started a note or an email to me like this: "Dear Abby (haha - 'Dear Abby!')." I always assured them that they were the first one ever to point that one out. I'm almost thankful for the advent of email and its informal nature because rarely do they begin "Dear Abby," and I am able to stave off that observation. Anyways, if you'd like to submit questions to me for a trial run, I would love that. Blog topics are welcome, too (then I could blame my getting controversial on others). I need to exercise my brain.
-Don't tell my Italian relatives, but we're fairly certain Macy is left-handed. She typically eats and grabs a pencil with her left hand. She switches every now and then, but I have been observing her more subtle actions. I am sure that there is still time to do a 180, but I figure once you're throwing left-handed temper tantrums and carrying on left-handed light saber fights, you're probably just a lefty.
No comments:
Post a Comment