15-month stats are in.
Macy at 15 months:
Height: 31.5 in. (77th %ile)
Weight: 25.7 lbs. (85th %ile)
HC: 19.25 in. (97th %ile)
Liam at 15 months:
Height: 31.5 in. (62nd %ile)
Weight: 26.4 lbs. (75th %ile)
HC: 20 in. (99th %ile)
Macy's creeping back down to average a little bit! They seem to be pretty much the same-sized kid, complete with big noggins.
Thank you to all who gave me feedback on the car seat issue. Whichever stance you took, it helped me to think it through and see things from different perspectives. Summary of my takeaway thoughts:
-One friend chimed in to say that she was in the same boat as me, so she turned her son around. Come to find out, his discontent in the car didn't have anything to do with with way he was facing because he continued to scream. Knowing Macy, this would be a distinct possibility.
-I needed the lectures about the safety benefits. It was nothing I didn't already know, considering that was why we were going that route in the first place, but the reinforcement was good for me.
-As annoying as it is, I can say her screaming isn't a distraction to the point where I feel less safe. 15 months into parenthood of 2, you have compartmentalization down to a science.
-Sometimes the most obvious statements are the most thought-provoking. Several said "do what you think is right." That's right...I know exactly what is right, and what is I think is right in parenting is usually not what is easiest.
It was a good exercise. Thank you again to all for getting my mind moving and helping me to decide to stay the course.
On the paci front, we are on night 2 without. This is not to say that either night did not involve at least one hour of blood-curdling screaming, but we made it somehow, some way. Paci weaning was on the back burner after the fingernail incident. Last night when I took her out of the bath tub, though, she was NOT pleased. She started screaming so hard no one could console her. I figured now was as good a time as any - if she's already pissed off, might as well take advantage of it rather than pissing her off again at a later date. It was probably 1.5 to 2 hours of screaming before she slept (I MIGHT have slipped her some emergency melatonin, which I save only for desperate situations). Tonight she began screaming at 5:45, so I took her upstairs at 6 and rocked her and tried to sing to her for half an hour until her screaming ramped up even further. I started to feel myself get frustrated and decided that I would do her more justice putting her down and walking away than by trying to continue to console her through my frustration. She screamed for an additional 30 minutes and went to sleep. Progress, maybe?
I think I can, I think I can!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment