-I am so proud of my little girl! She is only 13 months old, and she poops in the potty ALL the time! Now...if only we could get her to understand that "potty" does not equal "bathtub that is being shared with big brother," we would be in business. I would also not be so frustrated tonight, and I would not, in reality, be the total opposite of "proud."
-I feel completely clueless as to how to handle these tantrums. With your first child, I guess you are constantly researching these issues and keeping up to date on how to handle them. With the second, you assume you know what you are doing. Then when you're in the throes of a challenging phase, you remember that you completely do NOT know what you are doing. Tonight's big one was just completely inexplicable. Everything I did to try to make her feel better just made her more upset. I think I need to get my bearings here and make sure that I'm getting control of the situation. Off to Google I go.
-We were talking at lunch today about how you come across such awful grammar in the business world. By that point, old habits die hard. I remember many times hearing from non-English professors upon assigning some kind of paper to write that s/he was grading on content and not on grammar because s/he was not teaching an English course. This does a HUGE disservice to students as they pass through college. Decent grammar is applicable to every facet of our professional lives. How can you teach all these complex concepts without expecting that students also learn how to convey them appropriately? I've known some smart people who really discredit themselves once they start putting words on paper. *****HYPOCRISY DISCLAIMER: My blogs don't tend to be up to my own grammatical standards. You're "lucky" that I can find a few moments to fly through one here and there and stick some words up onto a screen.
-I am addicted to ThredUP.com. It's a site where you list and send boxes of used children's clothing and browse and purchase others' used clothing. It's free to send off a box, and it costs $16 to buy one. Hey, $16 to buy a box (hopefully) stuffed full of clothes isn't too bad. I have received 3 boxes for Macy, and I bought a box for each of the kids tonight. I browse ALL the time, but the box really has to catch my eye for me to buy. I haven't yet received a box of clothes that I love or that meets the standards that I have for sending out clothes (which is, basically, "does this look practically new" and "would I like to receive this myself?"). I have gotten a few really cute items that I look forward to using. For the money, to love a few things out of each box makes it worth it. Plus, anytime I find a package on the doorstep, it is a good day.
-My mom offered to watch the kids tomorrow night, so Andy and I have a date night. I have NO idea what to do. It's like, this is such a rare occurrence that whatever we do has to be PERFECT. By PERFECT, I mean that we have to choose the restaurant where I can get the most intriguing martini because it won't happen again anytime soon. That is pressure! I am looking forward to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment