Friday, October 22, 2010

Chub and Chubber

Seriously. I am still at a loss as to a new name for my blog.

I am having to get used to this notion of my baby not finishing an entire bottle. Ever. It seems like it doesn't matter whether I have 4 ounces in there or 8; she's still going to leave an ounce or two behind. She's been like that her whole little life.

Liam, on the other hand, probably not once left a bottle unfinished. Once again, it didn't matter how much I had in there, he finished it. I actually had to let him suck air for a second or two at the end of each bottle to prove to him that he'd finished it, otherwise he'd scream for more.

Here's how I am calling it.

Liam is going to grow up to be about 5'10" or so. He's not going to be off-the-charts tall, and he's not going to be short, either. He's probably going to be a couple inches above average. He won't be scrawny, and he won't be, well, Freddie. I think he'll have the potential to work himself out and maybe get the physique of a baseball player, perhaps, if he so desired. He's always been pretty solid.

He's spent most of his life in the range of 70th to 85th percentile in height, with a couple spikes up into the 90's. His weight is typically about 10 percentile points below his height at any given check-up.

I don't predict that he'll ever be self-conscious about his size, but he also won't be predestined for college football or basketball strictly based on his size.

I think Macy will take right after me. I was tall as a kid...you could always find me within 4 slots of the top-left in class pictures. A couple of years, I was the top-left kid. It always left me feeling pretty awkward, like I stuck out like a sore thumb. Around 7th grade, though, all the boys started growing taller than me, and the girls caught up as well. I landed at 5'6," which puts me a little above average (for women), but not "tall" by any stretch. Really, I love being 5'6." It's perfect for me; I get to blend in when I want.

Weight-wise, I slimmed out, but I was never skinny-skinny. Once I hit puberty, I got curvy and always had trouble keeping my tummy slim (or so I thought, anyway. I look back at pre-baby pics and wonder what I was ever complaining about). I will always have to work to be where I want to be.

I can completely see this being the course Macy takes. Bless our chubby little hearts:

2 comments:

Christian said...

Title for the blog? How about "Third Time's a Charm"

Kidding, kidding...

Two Heads are Better Than One...?
1+1=2...?
New Kids on the Block...?
Two Cute...?

Abby said...

Third Time's a Charm - NOT FUNNY!!!!!

Omg.

Two Cute might be a good interim name...not that it's not worthy of being the final name, but perhaps something a little less self-aggrandizing :)