Friday, November 06, 2009

Siiiiiigh...If I don't strike while the iron is hot and write a blog now, I never will. I know, I have been slacking. As have the bloggers that I follow...I haven't had a whole lot of reading material lately, but Apathetic Fish seems to have come out of hibernation and is 3-blogs-a-day strong again.

I am just wondering...Is it at ALL possible that my next child will be as easy to put down for the night as my current one? PLEASE? You KNOW what is going to happen - the next one will be an absolutely MISERABLE sleeper who's bouncing off the walls till 11 every night, and I am going to go mad. I am prepared for this. This one...we get in the glider somewhere between 7 and 7:30, read three books, say The Lord's Prayer, sing a little...then after a few songs, he either points to his bed or starts looking antsy, at which time I say "are you ready to go get 'Guin?" and he nods and smiles. I put him down and don't hear another peep out of him. Then I go downstairs and have a glass of wine or a bowl of ice cream (or both) and crank up the DVR. No WAY can lightning strike twice. I am in for it. Oh I love him.

I love this age, where the vocab starts increasing and he can communicate more and more every day using words! It just seems like it shouldn't be happening...MY child, knowing English? That's for kids who are MUCH older, right? Like, he shouldn't be able to talk for another 7 years, right? But no, time passes quickly and they enter those phases, right where they are supposed to be in life, before you realize it's supposed to happen. It's funny when HE knows what the word means, and somehow Andy and I figured out what the word means, but no one else in the world would know because they're not his parents. Like, how on EARTH did his paci's become "yahweh's," and more interestingly, how did we figure it out? I mean, not even close, but we know when he says "yahweh," he is not praying to God by a different name but is requesting his paci. Of course, sometimes I do think he worships them.

My water diet is GONE. I hate water. Too much of a good thing, I guess? Now I am trying to hydrate with anything that does not have water IN it. Good luck on that, right? It was a great 2 months. I knocked off about 3-4 pounds, depending on the day. Still not pre-pregnancy, but that is ok. Sometimes I wonder if my pre-pregnancy figure that I have been using is even accurate, though. I can't remember when I actually got that number...if it was at my 6-week appointment, then that was after I had lost about 5 pounds due to my inability to eat. So I suppose that is good news - maybe my pre-pregnancy weight was actually 5 pounds higher than I have been thinking it was all along. Oh, if only I could look like I did when I was 6 weeks pregnant with Liam again, I would be satisfied! A weird concept for sure. Unfortunately, there are just certain things that will NOT budge, try as I may. No thanks to the bottles of Gatorade that now line the fridge.

Anyways, it's 20-till-11 and I am oddly awake. Let's see if I can change that.

2 comments:

Shellbell said...

woop. woop. Thanks for the shoutout. Unfortunately, there are going to be quite a few more days of neglect in apathetic fish's future. (For some reason, i've been having to deal with real live things, rather than the fun internet).

twirldawg said...

I'm so worried that my next kid won't sleep like Richard that, for that reason, I'm thinking we might only have one.