Monday, May 11, 2009



I know...I've been slacking on my blogging. I haven't had either the time or the energy, but I guess if I expect everyone else to keep theirs up so I have something to read, I should return the favor ;) Because, of course, my blogs are a favor to you...

I'll start with a little baby blogging. Liam is a little Daddy's Boy. It kind of hurts my feelings sometimes. Usually when the two of us are in the room together, Liam gravitates towards Andy.

It's fun watching the relationship between your baby and his Daddy develop over the course of his life. Some days, Liam isn't with Andy a whole lot because Andy may be working an earlier shift that makes him go in early. He'll call me and say "I miss him! I didn't get to spend much time with him this morning, and I miss him." Or he'll call and tell me how Liam broke his heart when he cried while getting off at daycare. Now I'll put Liam down at about 7 or a bit after, and if Andy gets home during that time, he'll go in and take Liam out of his bed so he can hang out with him. I'm like, "I worked so hard!!!" It's ok though...I just love watching Andy and Liam love each other.

I posted a video on Facebook from last night. Liam wasn't thrilled about going to bed, so he was playing in his crib. I walked by, and he started crying. So I went in there, and I swear that kid was acting like he was drunk AND delirious. I didn't catch the height of it on video...but he was on his hands and knees looking at me and just cracking up laughing and squealing with delight, then he'd get up and run back and forth across his crib. I made myself comfy and just watched the spectacle. That was one of those moments that makes it all so worth it. And one of those moments where I thought that it would probably have been a good opportunity to teach him how to behave indoors, but the happiness outweighed the benefit of a life lesson that can be taught on another day.

On the house front, we have had 3 people look at our house in about as many weeks. We keep the lockbox detached from the door so that if one of us is showering and Liam's in bed, or it's just generally a bad time, we can take it in if we want. We haven't done that yet. We got a call from an agent that had scheduled a showing, and he said that our lockbox was gone. We were a little worried, and Andy drove 15 minutes home to let them in with his key. Turns out the agent was sitting outside of the wrong house. Duh!

I went by myself with our realtor to look at a couple other houses. There is one in the bigger part of our neighborhood that's about to go into foreclosure and is priced amazingly well. It's not my favorite house we've seen, but I like it enough to where, for the price, I would be content. Andy hasn't seen it yet, but he would really like to find a good deal in the bigger part of our neighborhood. The one street that it's on is really nice. My picture-posting has stopped working for the moment, so I'll post a pic if we buy it!

The other one we saw is about as old as me, and the outside is your typical 5-4-and-a-door box, gray Hardiplank, and too-bright maroonish-red shutters and door. We actually just saw it in passing in a neighborhood that I kind of like, so we went in on a whim. BEA-U-TI-FUL. At no part of the house (except for the inside of a closet or two upstairs) do you feel like you are in a house that is any more than 3 years old. You come in and see a french door on the left leading into a bedroom or office. On the right is a little living room. There's hardwoods throughout the first floor, new cabinets with some kind of granite countertops, really nice lighting, a completely updated half bath. The counter looks out onto the really pretty backyard. Then the master bathroom was completely redone to look really modern and chic. Ugh - I want it!

The house is listed just a bit out of our price range, but at the same time, we would be setting money aside to do some cosmetic things to whatever house we may buy, like replacing carpet and painting. This house is so recently-updated and beautiful inside that we wouldn't need to do a darn thing to it, so that's some extra money to go to a down payment. I could even live with the red shutters for a little while, but that would be something we'd want to do some day.

Anywho. I don't have a whole lot to say other than that I am eternally grateful not to have heard too much about the Octomom lately. I'm going to go.

No comments: