I was clicking back through all the pictures from this month trying to choose one to post here, and some of the pictures seem like they were taken AGES ago. I create a new Liam folder every time he hits another month. Amazingly, I may have less than 100 pictures so far for Month 14. I guess I'm tapering off...it's harder to get him to pose for a picture now than it was when he was 4 months old. He has places to go.
I'm debating whether or not I want to make this blog evolve into my catch-all blog, baby and life in general. I used to blog about life on MySpace, but now I rarely even go onto MySpace at all. I have blogged a few things on Facebook, but it's so far-reaching - everything I blog could potentially be viewed by 490 of my closest friends. I have a feeling that only a select few view this blog. The only problem is that it's out there for the world to see. I mean, I have blogs on here going back to 2003. I should start weeding out. Heaven knows what's on them.
There's just not a ton to blog about now that he has hit a year old. The day-to-day differences aren't so prevalent. Life's just rockin' along, and it doesn't feel so new. I was trying to wrap my mind around the fact that there was a time when Liam didn't exist, not all that long ago, too, and it it was really difficult.
God-willing, I am sure the day will come when this becomes a pregnancy blog again. It'll be interesting to compare and contrast pregnancies. We're not trying yet, but hopefully by year's-end it will be a pregnancy blog again. There - you can thank 1 1/2 glasses of wine for that revelation.
It's just that right now, my thoughts have been consumed by another big undertaking for the year, one that I have wanted to blog about but just haven't gotten the energy - or maybe I just haven't had the desire to publicize my life for a million people to see. The fact that we could have another one on the way within the next 6 months is completely at the back of my mind. In fact, I don't care as much how long it takes this time as it did last time. We'll do it for the sake of sticking to the plan and hopefully having our kids fairly close together...but at this point, the thought of having Liam plus a baby is nothing less than utterly exhausting. Watch - because I say that, it'll happen on the first try. Or before we start trying.
The brief version - we're going to TRY to sell our house and try to capitalize on the down market. It just makes sense. We live in this tiny pocket of the world that seems to have retained its value, and with the foreclosure and short sale market, and just the market in general, being what it is, there's no better time to buy a new house than now. So we'll sit back and enjoy the ride. If our house sells, it sells. If not, we refinance, no harm done.
Our realtor (a friend of my family's who we've known for as long as we have been in GA) will be back from visiting family overseas mid-April. We'll put the sign in our yard then unless we have a change of heart. In the meantime, Andy and I have been having a lot of fun spending all of our time on Metrobrokers.com and doing drive-bys...and carefully planning it all out so that we know we're not getting into something that's over our heads. A little bit of due diligence that we wish EVERYONE had been doing over the last 10 years, right??
If it doesn't sell - well, our day of viewing foreclosures really gave us a new appreciation for what we have. We'll see. Who knows - we could be exactly where we are now in all aspects of our lives by year's end, or our lives could be totally different. Either way, we're one happy bunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment