Six weeks...home stretch...six weeks...if you ever want to slow time down for any reason, get knocked up. That'll do it QUICK!
I can't tell whether the last almost-8-months has flown by or not. May (the month) seems like absolutely forever ago. I think actually that the first trimester was slow as molasses, probably because it took everything out of me just to exist...and I wasn't even sick. I can't imagine that. It was also difficult for me to keep it a secret. Second trimester was just pretty normal. I felt like myself. Third trimester feels like it's dragging on, but then at the same time I don't know where December went. I think the time ahead seems like a lot longer than it actually is. Six weeks - that's like 6 Fridays, and we all know how long it takes for a Friday to get here.
Pregnancy advice: if your back starts hurting, definitely sleep with a pillow between your knees to neutralize your spine. That alleviated most all of my back problems. It's just a pain because it's an extra thing to re-situate every time you have to get up to pee. Worth it, though.
Ms. Not-Pregnant-Or-Barely-Pregnant-Who-Parks-In-Expectant-Mother-Parking decided today that it would be appropriate to take up TWO pregnant person parking spaces.
The questions are driving me CRAZY!!!! Strangers will go out of their way to come by and ask when the baby is due. Leave me alone!! Maybe it only annoys me so badly because they inevitably use their hands to emulate a pregnant belly on their own stomachs at the same time they're asking me anything. Never fails. It's like because I'm pregnant I must not understand English without some charades thrown in there.
I bet all my readers are ready for me to have the baby so I will quit complaining about everything :)
This morning I remembered why I take my rings off at night these days and why sometimes I have to leave my engagement ring home. My wedding band is 1/2 a size bigger, so it always fits (snugly), but sometimes I can't get the e-ring on until later in the day. This morning I woke up and saw that my finger was busting out around my rings, and I just had to pray that the swelling would go down enough to where I could at least get it off with the assistance of a little butter. No fears - we're good. No trips to the jewelry store to get it cut off.
Allrighty...off to kill another six weeks...
1 comment:
another advantage of keeping a pillow between your legs is that if the baby is born while you're asleep, at least there's a nice pillow there for the guy.
Post a Comment